Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I did what......?

It seems that I could possibly have maybe sort of agreed to run the Aramco Half Marathon next January...... I think.

Seriously! 

I've been very lazy the past few months with my running.  I use the excuse that my schedule changed, but honestly..... I've been lazy.  I've become complacent in quite a few areas of my life and I'm bound a determined to get back on track.  My eating habits and lack of exercise are two areas that will see an immediate improvement.

In order to improve the way I eat I must improve the way I cook.  I love, love, love to bake and cook using all manner of butter, sugar, oil  and countless forms of processed carbohydrates.  That's not going to do me or my family any good in a quest to become healthier.  So I'm giving my cooking habits a makeover.  I think I'll look at it as a challenge.... can I prepare tasty meals that my family will eat in a way that is healthy?

I'll blog about the good, the bad, and the disastrous (you KNOW it happens in my kitchen!) and hopefully along the way I can build a collection of good-for-us recipes that work for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment