Thursday, January 7, 2010

Better than the Best Hot Chocolate



Since the weather man forecasts a 25 degree drop in temperature today I figured now was the perfect time to post this dreamy hot chocolate recipe that my sweet friend Karen shared.  Actually, my oldest girls whipped up a double batch of this in no time flat last night so it's super easy to make.  A double batch was a really baaaaad idea since it's also very, very (almost too) good and I now have quite a bit of it calling me from the fridge.  I meant to try it my coffee this morning, but (luckily for my waistline) I forgot all about it.

Here's what you need:

1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 pkg (6oz) Chocolate chips

1 tsp Vanilla... See More

1 cup cool whip

Here's what you do:

Combine Milk & Choc chips in bowl, cover and microwave 2-3 minutes, stirring twice, or until most of chips are soft. Stir until choc melts. Stir in vanilla and let cool. Fold in Cool Whip. Cover & store in frig for up to 2 weeks.

To serve, spoon 3 Tblspns of mixture into mug & fill with hot milk (or do what I do, put mixture in mug with cold milk and heat in microwave, stir and enjoy!)

It was such a wonderful treat last night topped with a spoonful of the extra Cool Whip!  Some sweetened, whipped cream would be great if you have that handy or mini marshmallows and chocolate shavings!  I bet the fat free sweetened condensed milk and Cool Whip would work fine if you wanted a less guilt inducing version..... but where's the fun in that?

Thanks Karen for the great recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment