Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009 ~ Hello 2010!

I can hardly believe that today is the last day of 2009!  This year has flown by.  The girls are all a year older (they just never seem to quit growing), we've been in our house for over a year now, and so much more has happened in the past twelve months.

This is my official "Goals for 2010" post.  Mostly, in the months to come I want to be able to check this post and see if I am keeping myself on track.  Hopefully, putting my goals out here for the world to see will keep me motivated.

Goal #1 - To read my Bible EVERY day, be it 5 minutes or an hour.  And not just to read it, but to actually give thought to what I read and apply it to my life and to share it with my family.

Goal #2 - To run a 10K on my 31st birthday in March.  That's 6.2 miles.  I've got two and a half months and a training program, now to get some stick-to-it-tiveness and get me behind in gear.  I know March is early in the year, so I will absolutely have more running goals throughout the year.

Those are my two big goals for 2010.  There are other lifestyle changes that I want to make, such as relaxing a little more and stressing less, leading my family in a healthier lifestyle and getting them to be more active, and making time to enjoy things.... my husband and kids, running, reading, cooking and so on.

My prayer today is that each and every one of you, my family, friends , and myself can look back on 2009 and give praise to God for his mercy and blessings.  And may we make the most of what He gives us in 2010, for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment