Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Fun Fall Idea - Super Duper Soup Swap



Sunday I hosted my first ever Soup Swap.  It's a great way for you to stock your freezer with six different types of soup without having to buy ingredients for and prepare all six.  I used SoupSwap.com for guidelines.

Basically, each person brings six quarts of the soup they prepared and goes home with six quarts of different soups.  We only had five ladies attend, so we each got two quarts of one soup.

The Soups-

Tomato Spinach & Basil Soup
Creamy Turkey & Wild Rice Soup
Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup
Beef Stew
Beef Taco Soup

So far I have tried the tomato soup and the turky and wild rice soup.  Both are delicious!  It's great to know that on nights I'm short on time but still want to feed the family a "home cooked" dinner we have a variety of soups to choose from.

I also prepared a few snack foods for the ladies and their kids.  The biggest hits were the ham and cheese crescent ring, the cheese ball, and the gingersnap bark. 

I consider the soup swap a great success and hope to plan another one before the end of soup weather.... maybe in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment