Thursday, September 4, 2008

Counting my blessings

The past two nights have been rough. For some reason that she just can't communicate to me, Tori seems to have trouble sleeping between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. This makes for a long night.

During these middle of the night times when the house is dark and I'm forced from my warm snuggly bed by a little girl that wants to be held I find that I can easily be quite grumpy. Unfortunately Troy takes the brunt of that most of the time.

To keep from being a bear I try to use this time to focus on God. A little quiet time with Him is a sure fire way to improve my attitude. And when I find that I'm already in that foul mood and a little too quick with a sharp comment to my still sleeping husband I realize it's time to count my blessings. Nothing softens my heart toward my dear husband like counting him at the top of the list.

Another of those blessings is a couple from our church family that Troy and I have depended on more than once for guidance and wisdom. Wayne and Verna celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary yesterday. They have a relationship focused on Christ, built with a deep love and respect for each other. Verna is the woman I want to be when I grow up. I pray for many more wonderful, love filled years together for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment