Friday, October 30, 2009

What's Up for the Weekend?

This weekend it's just the Doodle and me again.  I'm sad that Troy will miss seeing Tori trick-or-treat for the first time.

Let's talk about Halloween for a minute.  This is always a touchy subject in the Christian community.  Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with dressing up in cute, fun costumes and going to HallowHim at our church or even trick or treating.  I'm not a fan of the gory or worse yet skimpy costumes.  I also don't judge those that choose not to celebrate.

Speaking of events at our church, beginning tonight and carrying on through Sunday is Baytown Bayou Blast.  You should check it out!

Tonight I'm headed to a friends house to make Pizza Mummies, carve pumpkins, decorate cupcakes and watch Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.  Sounds like a perfect evening!

Saturday, my sister Stacie may be coming over to work out the details of what she has named "The Boodell-Blaker Bakeapalooza".  Can you say that ten times fast?  No?  Me either.  We're planning a weekend in December to bake and fill ONE HUNDRED boxes with holiday goodies.  Sounds like a daunting task for two full-time-job-working-child-rearing-ladies but I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

In between this and weekly domestic duties I hope to have some time in the kitchen this weekend.  I don't have specific recipes that I want to try, or more honestly I have too many that I can't pick just a few.  It'll be one of those last minute decisions I'm sure.

Have a wonderful, blessed weekend and safe and happy halloween!

P.S.  Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment